Broccoli has to be one of my all time favourite vegetables that I will add it to any meal that I can, so it’s only a plus that it offers a variety of health benefits.
But tenderstem broccoli (or broccolini), to me, is like an elevated, more grown up version of your standard broccoli that I love to cook when creating delicious and colourful stir fry recipes or as a side to compliment a chicken or pasta dish.
This is my chilli and garlic tenderstem broccoli stir fry recipe but it is versatile and you can serve this as a side to a delicious Vietnamese or Asian dish for something a little bit different as well as adding it to the base of your meal such as a pasta!
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2cm Chopped ginger/ 2tbsp Ginger paste
- 1tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 1tbsp Runny honey/Maple syrup
- 1 Red chilli
- Sesame seeds
- Heat your wok on a high heat before adding 1tbsp olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add 2-3 cloves of minced garlic and 1 chopped red chilli to the wok.
If you are adding fresh ginger, then add this now, but if you are adding a ginger paste, please wait.
When it comes to the chilli, chop it how you prefer but be careful not to touch your face and make sure to wash your hands after cutting!
I just chopped it into small discs, you might prefer to cut in half and remove the seeds before chopping further.
- Stir fry for around 30-40 seconds before adding your tenderstem broccoli to the wok.
Mix your ingredients around the wok and stir fry this for a couple of minutes.
I always think it smells amazing at this point but it only gets better!
- Add your 1tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1tbsp soy sauce and 1tbsp honey to the wok.
If you are adding 2tbsp ginger paste, do so now.
- Continue to stir fry and mix all of the ingredients together for another minute or so, or until the broccoli begins to become tender.
Serve on your chosen dish and feel free to add some sesame seeds if you want to.
It is best to eat on the day.