This post may contain affiliate links of which we earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through them. This helps us to keep the site running. Thank you for your support
I love chips as much as the next person but every now and then, I think we all find ourselves looking for a healthier alternative.
And that’s where these delicious crispy baked carrot fries come in!
They are so easy to make, really, it’s a matter of cutting some carrots, chucking a lot of ingredients in a bowl and sticking them in the oven.
Everyone can do it and making the switch does not mean compromising on flavour!
Give this easy recipe a go and why not try it paired with some hot honey! A sweet dipping sauce with a slight kick that packs a punch.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
Total time: 25-30 mins
- 2 Large carrots
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1tbsp Garlic powder
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 1tsp Smoked paprika
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2tsp Cracked black pepper
- Glass/Mixing bowl
- Roasting tray
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF
- Wash your carrots and if you want to peel them, do so now.
I tend to leave the skin on for a more rustic feel but this is personal preference.
- Next, you want to cut your carrots.
Cut them in half crosswise, and then cut each in half lengthways.
You then want to quarter each section but depending on the size of your carrot, you may need to cut into smaller sections.
We are looking for your carrot fries to be approximately 1cm thick.
- Add your carrot fries to your glass/mixing bowl.
- Then, add your 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp garlic powder, 1tbsp cornflour, 1tsp smoked paprika, 1tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper and gently toss or mix until all of the carrot pieces are coated.
Don’t be tempted to add too more cornflour as it can leave a powdery taste.
- Line your roasting tray with some tin foil or parchment paper before adding the carrots.
Try to keep them spread slightly apart to stop any sticking.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Adjust timings to suit your oven, they may need slightly longer.
Turn carrots over halfway through.
- Remove from oven.
Garnish with sea salt or parsley before serving.
If you haven’t eaten them all, store in an airtight container and eat within 2-3 days but I would recommend eating on the day!
Pin this recipe
More Carrot Recipes