Something happened recently, this is in part from experimenting with different cooking styles and flavours but also in part due to my love for Korean chicken.
I started finding myself looking for new ways to enjoy sweet and the slightly spicy flavours which is how we have developed a taste for hot honey or a hot Sriracha honey.
We have never been averse to a little bit of a kick or a little bit of spice when it comes to eating and hot honey is perfect for this, whether you use it as a condiment or a drizzle over some of your favourite foods such as pizza, cheese, chicken or even my favourite, potatoes.
Or, if you are looking for a healthier alternative, these carrot fries are amazing!
Whatever takes your fancy!
This is a quick and easy hot Sriracha honey recipe that you can keep it in the cupboard or in the fridge ready to use whenever you want it.
- 170g/8-9tbsp honey (approx 1/2 cup)
- 2tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- Start by adding your honey, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and salt to the saucepan and stir together until combined.
If you want to add garlic powder to enhance the flavour then add this now.
- In a bowl, add your 1tbsp cornstarch and 1tbsp of cool water together to form a mix.
This will be very runny.
- Turn the hob on to a low heat and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Add your cornstarch mix to the saucepan and continue to stir for a couple of minutes.
You will begin to feel the sauce thicken and it will become glossy.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding to a jar or an airtight container.
If you want to add any chilli flakes then do so now.
Keep your Sriracha hot honey in an airtight container.
Store in a cool and dark place (it does not need to be refrigerated) and eat within 4 weeks for best taste.