Honey roasted carrots are a great way to add flavour to your dish.
Whether it’s for Christmas dinner or your usual Sunday roast, this easy recipe adds a much welcome sweetness to your vegetables and the added touch of lemon juice really enhances all of the different flavours while cooking.
I always receive compliments on these honey roasted carrots.
For a smoother and slightly darker sweetness, try making these with maple syrup!
- 450g (approx 2lbs) Carrots
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 3tbsp Honey
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- Chopping tray
- Chopping knife
- Roasting tray
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF
- Wash, peel and chop your carrots.
You can choose to roughly chop the carrots.
I prefer to cut them in half crosswise, and then cut each in half lengthways.
You then want to quarter each section but depending on the size of your carrot, you may need to cut into smaller sections.
- Line your roasting tray with some foil or parchment paper if you want to and then spread your carrots out onto the tray.
- Drizzle carrots with 3tbsp olive oil along with some kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook the carrots in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix together 2tbsp lemon juice and 3tbsp honey.
- Remove carrots from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice and honey mix.
- Place carrots back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove your carrots from the oven and season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper before serving.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and eat within 2-3 days.
Carrots can be reheated in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or in the microwave for around 30 seconds.