This post may contain affiliate links of which we earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through them. This helps us to keep the site running. Thank you for your support
I love root vegetables. They often have an earthy or nutty flavour but parsnips in particular, can taste very sweet.
It can be really nice to hone in on that sweetness and I think honey roasted parsnips are a perfect side dish for a Sunday roast or for Christmas dinner.
This is a nice, quick and easy recipe that always offers great results.
We keep it minimal on ingredients and steps but that doesn’t sacrifice any flavour!
Makes: 5-6 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25-30 mins
Total time: 35-40 minutes
- 500g (approx 2lbs) Parsnips
- 3tbsp Butter
- 3tbsp Honey
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- Chopping tray
- Chopping knife
- Roasting tray
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Wash your parsnips thoroughly and cut off the ends.
Cut parsnips in half or quarters depending on size.
- Melt your butter, either on the stove or in the microwave for between 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Coat your parsnips in the melted butter.
- Cover your roasting tray with tin foil or parchment paper if you want to and spread your parsnips evenly over the tray.
- Season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
This may be less if your oven is particularly hot so do make sure to check on them.
- In a glass or bowl, mix together 2tbsp lemon juice and 3tbsp honey.
The lemon juice is used to sharpen the flavours, it will not taste lemony.
- After 20 minutes, remove your parsnips from the oven and coat with your lemon juice and honey mix.
If any of the parsnips are looking darker than you would like, just turn them over.
You can pour this mix over or use a pastry brush for a more even covering if you prefer.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and eat within 2-3 days.
Parsnips can be reheated in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
Pin this recipe