This post may contain affiliate links of which we earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through them. This helps us to keep the site running. Thank you for your support
I feel like people who love Oreos, LOVE Oreos! And yes, I’m one of these people.
So, I actually saw these cookie bars for sale in a cafe and thought they looked great so, of course, decided to have a go at creating my own homemade Oreo blondie recipe!
I tried to change it up a little, using just Oreo biscuits or 50/50 biscuits and chocolate but the texture just doesn’t work for me. It’s a bit grainy.
For that reason, I do recommend using the Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo bar along with some biscuits for decoration.
As with most of my baking recipes, I want to keep it really simple, quick, easy and family friendly to do! But overall, we just want to create something delicious and I think this recipe incorporates it all!
Makes: 8×8 Square cake tin (Approx 12 pieces)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 200-300g Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo bar
- 8-10 Oreo biscuits
- 270g All purpose flour
- 120g Unsalted butter/Stork
- 140g Light brown sugar
- 50g Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda (not baking powder)
- Pinch of salt
- Large mixing bowl
- 8×8 or 9×9 Square cake tin
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Grease or line your square baking tray with parchment paper and set aside for now.
- Melt 120g butter, you can do this in a saucepan or for around 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add your 140g light brown sugar and your 50g granulated sugar together with the butter in a mixing bowl before whisking together gently.
- Once the sugar begins to dissolve in the butter to form a paste like texture, add your egg and 1tsp vanilla extract before continuing to whisk gently until smooth.
- Next, add your 270g all purpose or plain flour, Oreo chocolate, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt to the mix.Stir with a spatula until well combined and it begins to resemble a thick cookie dough.Don’t worry if it looks ever so slightly floury once stirred, just give it a quick mix with your hands.I have suggested between 200-300g Dairy Milk Oreo bar chocolate, as it is down to preference of how you want your Oreo chocolate to cookie ratio to be!
Leave your Oreo biscuits to the side to chop and add to the top of your dough in larger pieces.
- Transfer your dough to your square tin.Smooth and press down gently to fill the whole tin before adding your Oreo biscuits to the surface.
- Place your square tin in the oven, preferably on the middle shelf and cook for around 18-20 minutes.Use a knife or toothpick to check that your dough is cooked after this time. It should come out relatively clean if so.Your oven may require slightly less or slightly more time so adjust this accordingly.
- Allow mix to cool in the oven or on the side before transferring to a wire rack.Enjoy!
Keep in an airtight container and eat within 4-5 days for best taste.
Pin this recipe