Brussels sprouts have such a bad reputation, I know.
If you automatically think no way, they are smelly and soggy vegetables and you have never liked them, I’m here to tell you that you’ve just had them cooked badly.
They are delicious. Brussels sprouts have a slightly nutty but sweet flavour and we’re topping that off with some parmesan cheese and garlic.
When I make these, they are picked at long after the meal is done, which I have to say is unusual for veg.
People don’t even mind eating them cold, but as I said, they are delicious and that’s why you need to try this easy parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts recipe!
- 400g Brussels Sprouts
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 45g Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1tsp Cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp Balsamic glaze
- Glass/Mixing bowl
- Roasting tray
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF
- Wash your Brussels sprouts, removing the outer layer if loose and set aside to pat dry.
- One you have pat dried the Brussels sprouts, you want to cut the ends off.
Just the very end where it is hardened.
We often hear talk of cutting a cross ‘X’ at the bottom of our sprouts but this isn’t necessary.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Add all of the sprouts to your glass or mixing bowl.
- Next, you want to add you olive 2tbsp olive oil, minced garlic, 1tsp salt and pepper to the bowl before giving it a quick shake or stir to coat all of your sprouts.
- Following this, add the Parmesan cheese to the bowl and mix again.
- Line your baking tray with foil or parchment paper if you want to and then add the Brussels sprouts to your baking tray and spread evenly.
I suggest having some face down as they do tend to crisp up more.
Feel free to add a little more Parmesan if you want to.
- Place your tray in the oven and cook for around 25-30 minutes.
Make sure to keep an eye on them as your oven may have more heat and cook faster!
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before moving to your serving bowl.
Drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top for some added sweetness!
Store in an airtight container and eat within 2-3 days.
Brussels sprouts can be reheated in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or in the microwave for around 30 seconds.