This post may contain affiliate links of which we earn a small commission should you choose to purchase through them. This helps us to keep the site running. Thank you for your support
Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a Christmas special in our house.
I can’t remember a year that they haven’t graced the table (along with other vegetables, of course!) and it has always baffled me to hear people talk poorly of them because they are delicious.
They aren’t soggy, they aren’t smelly, they even have a little bit of a crunch. This is the only way that you should be cooking them from now on!
To be honest with you, we fully embrace sprouts at any time of the year. They are no longer kept to only being served with Christmas dinner as some sort of obligatory tradition.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 450g (approx 2lbs) Brussels sprouts
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 3tbsp Honey
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 2tbsp Balsamic glaze
- Chopping tray
- Chopping knife
- Roasting tray
- Tin foil/parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/400ºF
- Wash your Brussels sprouts and remove the outer layer if it is loose.
Don’t throw them out, these can make a nice crispy addition!
Set aside Brussels sprouts to pat dry.
- One you have pat dried the Brussels sprouts, you want to cut the ends off.
Just the very end where it is hardened.
We often hear to cut a cross ‘X’ at the bottom of sprouts but this isn’t necessary and can actually leave the sprouts waterlogged if boiled.
- Cut your Brussels Sprouts in half.
- Line your roasting tray with some foil or parchment paper if you want to and then spread your Brussels Sprouts out onto the tray.
I like to put them cut side down as they tend to crisp up nicely!
Alternatively, I try to mix their direction half and half.
- Drizzle the sprouts with 3tbsp olive oil along with some kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook the sprouts in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix together 2tbsp lemon juice and 3tbsp honey.
The lemon juice pulls together and sharpens the sweetness of the honey without taking over.
- Remove the Brussels Sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice and honey mix.
- Place sprouts back in the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove your sprouts from the oven and season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper before serving.
Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and eat within 2-3 days.
Brussels sprouts can be reheated in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or in the microwave for around 30 seconds.