I love vegetables and broccoli is one of my favourites, in fact, it’s probably my most eaten vegetable because it can be added to so many cuisines and different types of food.
Whether you like it as the main ingredient to your meal, a side dish or just to thicken a dish or a sauce out, it has so many health benefits and a lot of potential when it comes to cooking.
You may have already seen my Chilli and Garlic Tenderstem Broccoli recipe, or my Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe but this Parmesan Roasted Broccolini is a personal favourite.
I’m not sure why, I love them all for different reasons, but there is something quite homely and warming about a cheesy veg side. I love it.
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 1/2 – 2tbsp Olive oil
- 3-4 Cloves minced garlic (or 1/2tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 15g Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black ground pepper
- Red chilli flakes
- Roasting dish
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Cover your roasting tray with parchment paper if you are using it.
- Wash your tenderstem broccoli/broccolini and pat dry.
It might sound unnecessary, but it will help during cooking.
- Mix together 1 1/2-2tbsp olive oil along with your minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Lay your broccolini out on your roasting tray and drizzle the olive oil and garlic mix over the top.
Give these a quick shuffle around and ensure that all are covered by the oil.
- Next, season with your kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Ensure that your broccoli is evenly coated with the salt, especially the tips, as you want these to crisp up while cooking.
- Taking your 1/2 lemon, cut some thin slices and add to the roasting tray alongside your broccolini.
- Place your tray in the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until the broccolini has started to turn bright green in colour.
- Remove your tray and sprinkle 15g Parmesan cheese over the top of your tenderstem broccoli before returning to the oven to cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and turning golden.
- Take your broccolini out of the oven for the final time, drizzle with a little bit of lemon juice (around 1tbsp) and serve!
If you want to add a little bit of a kick, you can further sprinkle some red chilli flakes over the top.
These are best eaten on the day!